As you know, for Oriental, our clients are our priority, which is why we have taken the necessary measures to guarantee the safety of our clients and employees.
We encourage you to take advantage of the convenience of using the alternate channels to facilitate the management of your accounts through Mobile Banking and Online Banking. These solutions allow you to access your bank accounts 24/7 without having contact with other people and therefore reducing the possibility of any contagion.
For your convenience, our branches office hours have been modified, and we have implemented some actions that will help prevent the spread of this virus.
Our branches will open to the public at 8:30 AM and close at 1:00 PM (including the former Scotiabank branches). Except for the following branches, which will remain closed to the public until further notice:
- Auxilio Mutuo
- Caguas Bairoa
- Mayagüez Mall
- Oriental Center
- Plaza del Caribe (only the original Oriental branch)
- Plaza del Sol (only the old Scotiabank branch)
- Plaza las Américas (both branches: original from Oriental and the one from the old Scotiabank)
- Plaza Carolina
- Santurce, Stop 23
- Trujillo Alto*
The drive-thru of the open branches will be operating from 8:30 AM until 5:00 PM, as well as the live ATM that are located in the drive-thru, if applicable. The branches located in shopping centers will be open from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM, and the drive-thru of these branches will open from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. On Saturdays, all branches will operate from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
To ensure the safety of our clients, access to branches will be limited and controlled by our employees. Antibacterial Hand Sanitizer will be offered to every customer visiting a branch.
As we communicated last week, we have increased the cleaning frequency in our branches and main buildings. We have also increased the number of antibacterial products available in the common areas of our premises, including the network of branches in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. As an additional preventive measure, we will provide a cleaning kit and antibacterial products to our branch employees and continue to provide educational materials on prevention and preparedness.
We take this opportunity to remind you of the tools available to manage accounts from any location:
- Online Banking & Mobile Banking – Access your accounts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can check balances, make payments, and transfer funds. These platforms allow you to transfer money to any bank account in Puerto Rico and the United States using the People Pay service.
- Cash Management – Commercial customers can access their accounts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, verify balances, make payments, process fund transfers, process ACH transactions, and make deposits and collections remotely.
- Drive-thru lanes in the branches – If you need to make a deposit, a payment, or withdraw money, you can use this option at the branches where you have your current relationship. For more details on locations, schedules, and service, you can access orientalbank.com. This service will be available until 5:00 PM.
- Live Interactive Teller Machine – Caguas Bairoa, Plaza del Sol, Las Catalinas and Escorial branches have live ATMs at the drive-thru to serve customers with accounts originated in Oriental.
- Phone Customer Service Center – This service center operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and you can check balances, make payments, transfer funds between accounts, and verify the status of your transactions and paid checks.
- Commercial Customer Service Center – Continue to contact your relationship officer, if you need assistance regarding your POS or Cash Management.
- Customers with accounts originated in Oriental can call 787.620.PYME (7963) in regular operations hours.
- Customers with accounts originated in the former Scotiabank can call 787.721.9199, from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Corporate and Institutional Banking customers with accounts originated in Oriental can call 787.777.2289 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Automated Voice Service – This system allows customers with accounts originated in Oriental to verify their balances and transactions and make payments and transfers between accounts. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 787.622.6800.
- Make a loan payment online:
- Customers with accounts originated in Oriental have available My Payments. This service allows you to make online payments for personal loans, car loans, and mortgages. To learn more access orientalbank.com.
- Customers with accounts originated in the former Scotiabank have available Web Payment. This service allows you to make online payments for personal loans, cars, and car leases, even if you do not have a deposit account with us. Access through orientalbank.com.
To ensure the safety of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, we continue to monitor this situation closely and will inform you of any additional measures through email, print, and social media networks.
* For the convenience of the elderly and people with special needs, the branches of Yabucoa, Trujillo Alto, Coamo, Cayey, and Peñuelas will open only on Wednesdays, from 9 a.m. at 1 p.m. for their exclusive use.